Thursday, April 9, 2009

RE: G-A-R-L-A-N

it has come to my attention since........ well the beginning of my life, that my penmanship leaves something to be desired. so maybe i should say it has been reiterated recently that my handwriting is quite horrendous. in one of my previous posts i complained about how people misspell my name when i write it out for 'em right in front of their face. (again, i'm not mad about people mispronouncing my name, that wasnt the point).

but after reading brooke's comment: "maybe your handwriting was crap and she couldnt read it" followed by darek's "your handwriting is about the silliest thing i've seen" i thought about it some more and realized i was probably a bit too harsh on those who cant seem to spell garlan the correct way. and after pondering it some more i realized they were right. i cant write worth crap. i mean, i wish there was a way to post how penmanship looks on this so you can see what i, and they, mean. its horrible. there's no two ways about it.

so i'm clarifying right here and now that i was quick to put the blame on others when in fact that whole post could have been avoided had i paid better attention in elementary school when they taught that stuff. my handwriting has been bad for as long as i can remember. its been described as lightening hitting an ink bottle or chicken scratch. whatever you want to call it, its true. i once had a jr. high teacher say my signature looked like "sasalon ny". and i dont think it looks any better now

2 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

my writing is crap too.

i can barely read my own

i think that means we are a genius

Darek and Amberli said...

Well, I've been told my handwriting looks like a girl's so I don't know which is worse: "Illegible" or "Girly"