Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Purchases

after more than a year of having to deal with crap phones, i finally upgraded my cell by buying one on ebay. the hearing went out on my old one so i always had to put it on speakerphone. as you can imagine that can get very old, not to mention very embarrassing when your asking a girl out and she says no, while everyone around you can hear the rejection. so my friend let me use his old (and i mean OLD) phone in the meantime. it worked well enough but considering it was the size of a brick and the features were circa 1924, i eventually grew tired of it. so i decided to look on ebay and buy the phone that i had before b/c i really liked it. and sure enough, for $25 i found the same phone in near perfect condition! oh happy day!!! i think i'll say that again, oh happy day!!! here she is:



while i was thus engaged in looking online, a thought occurred to me. "hey, i remember an old cartoon we used to watch that i have pleasant memories of. i wonder if i could find that on ebay." well what do you know, the powers that be on ebay were kind enough to grant me the desire of my thoughts for less than $5! i know most of you wont know what the heck this is, or why i was so excited to find it, but perhaps a few of you can enjoy happiness that is 18 of the greatest cartoons:


dont you just love it when you can find absolutely anything you want online these days? i do

3 comments:

Hawks said...

a girl rejected you...hope you didnt start crying..

Darek and Amberli said...

Hahahahahaha! no way! is it VHS or DVD? Oh man that one's a CLASSIC! "here let me take your scarf!" Nah I ain't colde! Yes! So jealous right now that I didn't think of it!

Darek and Amberli said...

sheesh, and by the way, you shouldn't be proud of that nappy "free when you sign your Verizon contract" flip phone!! talk about using phones circa 1929! I mean, if you wanna impress the ladies, get a man phone w/ some meat on it.

"Hey Garlan, what's the Mariners score?"

"Ahh rats, my phone only makes phone calls, let me go back home and open my laptop and search the world wide web on the Internet and I'll get back to you..."