Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gyms

growing up i had a gym membership to bally's (thanks dad), but that place is now shut down. who cares about a stimulus package o'crappa, give me my bally's back! not that there were any in utah anyways, but where am i gonna hoop it up when i go back home? anyways, thats not the point. i can still play ball at byu, but the weights i have no access to cause i'm not currently enrolled in classes.

(tangent) i've never understood why byu makes you pay health insurance (even when your not enrolled) but then deny you all the privileges of every other aspect of the school. $45 to use the weight room for the semester? rip off! $20 fee to play sports? a joke! why insure me when i cant use any of your facilities anyways? (end tangent)

so i popped my knee last year and it hasnt felt quite right since then. i go into the health clinic (thank goodness for said insurance!) and they tell me its probably just strained and weak, cause the MRI i got didnt show any tearing. they told me to just rehab it and see how it goes. ah, but there's the rub: where can i rehab it if i dont have any access to weights and such? i'm not going to pay $10 a pop to use the clinic. so i check out 24 hr. fitness, where they give you a month pass for free (stupid golds gym people were like used car salesmen). since then i've been going almost every day to try and get my knee better, which is working. but its funny to me to watch people at gyms. its been so long since i've gone to one i forgot what they're like:

once you get past the initial blast of smelling old sweat when you walk thru the doors, the next thing that hits you is the grunting and growling. ahhh, good to see you again muscle-heads! once upstairs you are welcomed (or horrified) by the sight of girls using the excuse of exercising to basically wear a bra and panties to work out in. then you see the trainers who go tanning every day, shave their legs, have a fro-hawk, and wear under-armor shirts that are 5 times too small. all these people are very un-scrumshrulescant to me.

once i get situated, i first put on my axe deodorant body spray and watch the girls next to me start sweating and hyperventilating. then i take off my shirt, and said girls begin passing out. then i head over to the weights and pile on as many as will fit. once lifting, said passed out girls start shaking and convulsing. then i wipe the one bead of sweat i have after 35 sets of 110 reps. then i flex in the mirror and said shaken and convulsed girls try and lift their heads to catch a glimpse. then i drop my towel with said bead of sweat and the girls begin a vigorous cat fight over who gets it. then i walk over to the desk and pay the fee for making another mirror break. then i walk out hearing the sobs of aforementioned muscle-heads as their self-esteem has just been smashed. and those are my experiences at the gym lately

wow. thats what you get when you start a post not knowing for sure where your going with it. very, very random and nonsensical by the time you get done

3 comments:

iAMbarticus said...

wow, that's one crazy dream you had there...

The Wright Family said...

I am sorry. I know how much you have missed me! I will make sure I try to stay connected through this thing! Miss ya!

Derelique said...

What? Bally's is shut down? The glorious Pac West gym that the McCoy boys built? They better have given dad all our banners and retired jerseys from the rafters before they closed it.

(still laughing about the rest of the post though..."and said shaken and convulsed girls try and lift their heads to catch a glimpse." Oh man, a laugh tear just trickled down)