Thursday, October 29, 2009

College Life

what else can ya say about your meals and food (or lack thereof) when your a single college guy other than that its sketchy at best? my bro-in-law dal recently gave me his mini fridge, since he got married and no longer qualified for its uses based on the unwritten code for having a mini fridge, namely: being single. so i immediately filled it up with the best beverage available to mankind, specifically: mtn dew.

and so of course i had to attempt to celebrate my new acquisition by making a dinner for myself. this is the result of that attempt. i'm not even sure what it was supposed to be. i think it was a chicken breast covered in bbq sauce, grilled on the ever-useful george foreman grill, along with some kind of pasta that was supposed to be beef stroganoff.

altho the beverages were top of the line (i included country time strawberry lemonade in my fridge cause its quite delicious to the taste of buds), the food itself was less than ideal. okay it was downright crap. pretty sure my body rejected it out of mere sight and smell. didnt even have to taste it to know that it would be of no use to my physical being. but whatever, i forced it down and then topped it off with a nice swig of liquid goodness. thus is my diet at the moment.....

but i do need to give a shout out to cousin amy who graciously allows me to taste of real food almost every sunday and has done so for the past couple years. much thanks!!!

2 comments:

iAMbarticus said...

that looks pretty good compared to what i eat... and I'm pretty sure you've been doing that nasty bbq chicken for over a year now. I would know. I've been scarred by it. (I can't believe you offered me some! and I can't believe i obliged!)

Amy said...

Thanks for the nod, G. Man, sometimes I feel bad about the same 5-meal rotation we have going on for Sunday dinner, but wow, I won't feel bad any more now that see the competition. :)