Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Rant

this really has nothing to do with my life but i still think its crap. can someone please explain to me how the heck a guy gets 24 days in jail for manslaughter while under the influence AND has marijuana in his system, while a guy gets almost 2 yrs in jail for being involved with killing some dogs? tell me how thats fair

donte stallworth got off easy if you ask me. he took a human life, no matter what the circumstances are. throw in he was drunk way past the legal limit and had illegal drugs in his system. just b/c he has some money to throw at the family (which is another tangent i wont get on. why put a price tag on your family members death? make the guy pay the consequences by spending a long time in jail to think about what he did) he gets away with manslaughter? thats crap if you ask me. but since your not asking and this is my blog, i'll write about it anyways. even tho he's suspended from the nfl this next year without pay, thats not nearly enough punishment.

yet michael vick spends almost 2 yrs in a prison b/c he funded (and may or may not have actually killed dogs himself) a pit bull fighting ring? that guy got screwed. totally made an example of. i'm all for not giving celebs any leeway when they mess up just b/c they have money and fame, but this dude caught a raw deal. at least he got a second chance to play in the nfl again, but he lost all that time in his life for something not nearly as serious as what this other guy completely got away with, in my opinion.

anyways, like i said, this has no bearing on my life directly. but it makes me mad when there is complete unfairness in punishment between two crimes that are so vastly different, yet the more serious offender gets a much more lenient sentence. doesnt make sense to me.....

No comments: